Systems Administrator III
South Jordan, US
August 4, 2020
Our engineering team has built the largest private Medicare marketplace in the country. We passionately focus on the continuous improvement of the systems we build and the culture we promote. We build a platform that provides the best possible support to our customers who are shopping for insurance, and where our insurance carriers can be confident that their products are accurately and impartially represented.
The Systems Administrator position is responsible for running day-to-day systems administration operations, as well as supporting other cross-functional teams to achieve success. It is essential that this individual can hit the ground running and be up to speed with our procedures quickly. This individual is responsible for managing enterprise systems in a fast-paced environment with a heavy emphasis on automation, process improvement, and innovative solutions.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
• Respond and resolve system alerts for procedural tasks.
• Create and manage VMware architecture.
• Administer SCCM for patching, application management, asset tracking, Imaging, and vulnerability patching.
• Perform regular server and desktop patching.
• Handle access control for various systems.
• Manage Group Policy Objects.
• Administer and manage Active Directory
• Act as an escalation point for frontline desktop support teams.
• Support systems engineering projects as needed.
• Identify and develop process improvements and automation possibilities.
• Be a part of our on-call rotation, initiate and lead incident-management procedures, and conduct root cause analysis.
• Document the latest patterns and practices and then communicate with staff members regarding those patterns and practices.
• Partner with dispersed, cross-functional teams and vendors to gathering requirements and solve problems.
• Work and communicate effectively and respectfully in a team environment.
• A self-starter with 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
• Proficiency and hands-on experience in at least one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Powershell
• Experience with the following:
o Active Directory
o IIS and Windows Services
o Cloud Platforms, preferably with Azure
o Backup Systems – (Commvault/Rubrik)
o Administrative Mac Support (Munki/Workspace one)
• Familiarity with basic network troubleshooting
• Experience in documentation and in creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, systems diagrams, platform and configuration standards, and so on
• Ability to learn quickly and then train others to use new or unfamiliar technology
• High comfort and familiarity with command line interfaces (CLI)
• History of reliable maintenance and administration of modern server environments, especially Windows and Linux
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field strongly preferred; high school diploma required
EOE, including disability/vets