Global Benefits Consultant
July 8, 2021
Operating in the global market place means companies face a variety of business, cultural, language and regulatory environments. Willis Towers Watson’s Global Services & Solutions (GSS) business helps organisations navigate those complexities based on context knowledge of trends and innovative solutions. We help organisations in the development of global/cross-border solutions which meet the needs of both local and headquarter management in the design, establishment, financing, operation, oversight and monitoring of their compensation and benefit programs. Additionally, we help organisations with merger and acquisition activity, working closely with our local offices in other geographies, as well as subject matter experts in other segments.
Based in Dubai, within the Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (CEEMEA) GSS team, you will act as the relationship manager, and a day-to-day client contact, for multinational clients, typically at the regional or global HQ level. Primarily focused on supporting clients to manage their employee benefits (eg medical, life, disability, wellbeing, retirement etc), you will be expected to coordinate and support local country and regional activities and stakeholders. You will proactively identify and act upon opportunities and issues on behalf of clients and local colleagues, in order to enable client objectives to be met, and in so doing, profitably grow client relationships. Specific activities include:
- Provide proactive advice to clients around the opportunities to optimize the way employee benefits are managed regionally and globally
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, market practice etc, to identify issues that clients should be addressing in relation to their employee benefits.
- Support the use of Willis Towers Watson technology and tools
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling other consulting services offered by Willis Towers Watson
- Liaising with local consultants and brokers to coordinate local /regional consulting and local / regional broking services.
- Work with the Global Benefits Center (GBC) to update to benefits inventory tool or databases.
- Effectively manage projects to deliver a successful outcome across all countries;
- Support local brokers to ensure local mandates and statements of work are in place;
- Engage in dialogue with in-country consultants/brokers to ensure local issues are resolved, escalating where needed;
- Participate in calls both internally and with the client to communicate progress and resolve outstanding matters;
- Review local broker reports and other communications to ensure consistency and alignment with objectives;
- Ensure that the wider Global client team is kept appraised of issues;
- Develop regional stewardship reports
- Support and lead new business development opportunities and marketing initiatives
Preferred requirements include:
- Proven track record and experience in employee benefits management. Regional and/or global employee benefits management experience is a plus.
- Proven experience of successfully managing multiple projects, working with tight deadlines and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Collaborative and proactive approach to getting work done, with an inquisitive consultative style. Flexibility and diplomacy to manage challenging and complex local and global stakeholders, internally and externally, as part of a team.
- Proven track record of successful multinational client relationship management and development with local / regional / global decision makers, internally and externally, including remotely in other countries.
- Excellent, clear and concise, written and verbal communication skills, in English and ideally Arabic
- Self-motivation and accountable for delivery of outputs to a high standard and on-time. Task-focused whilst able to see the bigger picture. Ability to work within ambiguity, and effectively in teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, advanced level Excel and PowerPoint), ability to use to manipulate and analyze data, and present complex / technical information and concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a program with numeric or business emphasis
- A keen desire to learn, and the ability to deal positively with change
Equal Opportunity Employer