As a User Experience (UX) Designer at Willis Towers Watson, you will join a collaborative team—consisting of product managers, software developers, quality assurance specialists, fellow UX practitioners and stakeholders—to work on transforming the benefits delivery and administration industry by solving complex problems with elegant user experience solutions that delight our users and clients. We create consumer- and enterprise-level web-based software for retirees, employees, and clients.
This position can be 100% remote
You will apply human-centered and data-driven principles, while employing your keen ability to empathize, to conceptualize and validate solutions that deliver the most usable, viable, feasible, and delightful solutions aligned with business goals. Activities you lead and perform will include, but are not limited to:
- collaborating with stakeholders to discover, elicit, and analyze problems and requirements
- primary user research, uncovering clear problem definition
- task and workflow analysis, flow/process diagramming, journey mapping
- formative concept design, wireframes
- multi-fidelity prototyping, usability testing and validation, evidence-driven iteration
- user-interface and interaction design, specification
- implementation support
You will work with the above-mentioned collaborators on one or more products. This may also include working on cross-product initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring service-line- and segment-level UX Standards are implemented for both usability and experiential consistency.
- You are a UX product designer who is adept at balancing your clearly-communicated point-of-view with a “Nothing is Precious” attitude.
- You believe constructive critique and feedback is integral to a user-centered design process and actively solicit UX colleagues for input that will support iteration on concepts that deliver more valuable solutions.
- You value transparency and understand that reporting on the progress of your work is key to your success and that of your teams and colleagues.
- You establish and foster relationships with stakeholders to ensure success by addressing needs of users and the business by applying intellectual curiosity to continually increase your business expertise.
- You are comfortable working with a diverse range of stakeholders, including executives, and can speak the language of business as well as technology, always ready to represent the collective needs of our users.
- You are able to effectively communicate your design decisions to stakeholders through research and empathetic analysis.
- As a member of the UX practice, you will work with other practitioners to develop and promote shared understanding of our user’s goals, tasks, and workflows.
- You have experience working in, and evangelizing, user research, strategy, design, and/or usability.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalen experience.
- Minimum 2 years of substantial experience with:
- Human-Centered Design in an agile software development environment;
- Creating and executing usability testing, in particular you have leveled up your skills in writing and developing non-leading usability scenarios and tasks;
- Designing usable interfaces with complex, multi-step interactions.
- Demonstrable experience in/with:
- Designing responsive web applications or mobile applications.
- Bonus: you approach design problems with a “mobile first” mentality.
- Web accessibility and assistive technologies (screen readers, etc.).
- Tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure RP, Adobe CS, Visio, Balsamiq, or similar.
- Demonstrable ability to work with both collocated and remote collaborators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have mastery in at least 2 out of 4 essential UX disciplines: visual design, interaction design, user research, or front-end development
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, potentially across different products, maintaining acute attention to details.
- Dedicated to quality and stakeholder satisfaction, persistent about achieving project goals.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating.
- A demonstrated willingness to understand and apply established guidelines, prior to collaborating with colleagues to make future enhancements.
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar positions located in other Willis Towers Watson locations may vary. In addition, salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and performance in the role.
The hourly rate or salary compensation range being offered for this role is $80,000-115,000
This role is also eligible for an annual 10% bonus.
Willis Towers Watson provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid holidays, annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Other leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability