Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Our Benefits Outsourcing business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations. Our purpose is to help our clients’ employees realize the full potential of their benefits; helping them be happier, healthier and more secure.
Awards & Recognition:
- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has named Willis Towers Watson a leader on the Global Outsourcing 100 since 2011.
- Everest Research named Willis Towers Watson a Star Performer in the Leaders category in 2016, and has recognized Willis Towers Watson as an industry leader since 2010.
- Fortune magazine ranked Willis Towers Watson number one in the diversified outsourcing industry on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list in 2015.
- Willis Towers Watson has been listed on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list since 2012.
As a Project Manager you will play a key role for our benefits administration outsourcing business by serving as the central link between clients and internal team members in the delivery of client projects. You will develop comprehensive project plans and manage teams in delivery of multifaceted projects related to plan renewals, enhancements, implementations and other work. You will play a key role in managing and expanding client relationships. You will have the opportunity to grow your project, management, consulting, client management, leadership and health and welfare technical skills and business acumen.
While we cannot support a 100% virtual work arrangement, we will support a partial in-office/virtual arrangement.
This position can be located in any of the following offices: Minneapolis, Houston, or Dallas
- Drive superior, consistent project management for concurrent projects
- Translate business needs into comprehensive project plans including objectives, timeline, deliverables, budget and quality standards;
- Serve as the day to day project lead, ensuring the progress of teams against established goals
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to Senior Consultants and Client Relationship Managers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through efficient, quality execution of projects, effective communication, and value added consulting advice
- Provide value added consulting to clients concerning health and welfare plan implementation and ongoing administration (e.g. annual enrolment, plan changes) including best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, pros and cons of solutions, etc.
- Efficiently and effectively trouble shoot and resolve client issues
- Train clients on use of new tools and approaches
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions to meet clients’ outsourcing and broader human resources needs
- Follow firm and line of business processes, protocols and quality standards in the development and deployment of solutions
- Manage performance of teams composed of business analysts, developers, operational centers of excellence and others against project goals:
- Hold regular meetings to monitor progress
- Identify and help resolve issues
- Motivate and provide developmental direction to team members
- Participate in local, regional and national meetings as requested
- Partner with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that achieve the client’s broader business issues
- Support the generation of new business to current clients through identification and introduction of new products and services that meet client needs
- Participate in finalist presentations and other activities to help close new business
- Meet revenue and billable hour goals as defined by your manager
- Work within prescribed budget for project plans
Note that this role will involve some travel to client sites and other Willis Towers Watson offices.
- Experience serving clients between 3,000 and 25,000 active participants
- 7 -10 years’ experience leading projects involving the application of technology to solve human resource needs such as: Health and Welfare or flexible benefits plan administration, HR self service (IVR, web, etc.), HR systems integration, HR shared services or HRIS/payroll; prior experience as a health and welfare administration project manager preferred
- Solid experience consulting on the fundamentals of Health & Welfare plan design and service delivery/technology solutions including best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, pros and cons of solutions, challenges and methodology regarding solution implementation
- Proven experience in successfully leading project teams with multifaceted, competing priorities and deadlines, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment
- Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in business, management information systems, human resources management, benefits administration or related field; Masters’ degree a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (including Excel), MS Project, Windows XP and Windows 2000
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.