The primary role of the Workplace Technology Support Technician is to provide End User Computing support and delivery of agreed services to the WTW colleague base through the support approaches of Desk Side support, either in a fixed location or dispatched to regional locations.
This role, as secondary responsibilities, also includes remote access support, AV support including Video Conferencing, staff relocation moves and changes, and senior executive support.
The Workplace Technology Support Technician maintains responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the WTW offices, utilising up-to-date procedures, adhering to performance metrics, resolving support requests and escalating key technical issues for management input and guidance as required. The Workplace Technology Support Technician is responsible to help identify, analyse, document and facilitate implementation of solutions for both short term tactical as well as longer term solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and service quality.
- Maintaining and supporting the Workplace Technology estate to the approved global hardware standards utilising agreed Global Images, processes, procedures and workflows including security controls
- Providing support and delivery of Corporate Approved applications and services, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Office including Exchange and Skype, SCCM, Endpoint Encryption and Antivirus services
- Providing user support for corporate provided mobile device hardware and Mobile Iron enterprise services
- Adhering to agreed SLAs and metrics utilising the ITSM platform (ServiceNow) for call management and escalation as appropriate
- Assist in the identification, implementation and, where needed, documentation of remediation activities
- Input into Continuous Service Improvement for delivery of services, including process enhancements, Knowledge Base articles, and user training material
- Build and maintain strong relationships and awareness with team and cross functional IT colleagues, business colleagues and key stakeholders
- Support of Real Estate activities, including colleague moves, office relocations, integrations and closures
- Providing value-added service through Senior Executive Support, when required
- Provide user training and guidance through various methods, including face to face and group sessions
- To meet service demands, and from time to time, the role may also include the requirement to work from office locations other than the base locations
- 3+ years in a technical desktop support capacity.
- College Degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred.
- Experience working in a directly with user/customer base, with ability to have a positive impact on activities from a distance.
- Technical operational knowledge of common WTW End User Computing standards and delivery methods, including Windows 7/10, Office products including Outlook and Skype, Endpoint Encryption and SCCM on both legacy Willis and legacy Tower Watson platforms
- Contribute to a Global, team-oriented, collaborative workplace
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present ideas in non-technical language
- Strong personal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-Motivated with an ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in an agile and dynamic manner
- Working knowledge of ITIL practices
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.