Demonstrate your passion for client delivery while making an immediate impact. You’ll learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one.
Insurance is an incredibly diverse marketplace with a rich history of helping people and businesses assess the risks they could face. Insurance touches the lives of everyone and allows us to operate secure in the knowledge that should the worst happen we will have the support we need.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
- Responsible for the delivery of the Accounting & Settlement (A&S) financial targets for designated Bus, through building and maintaining excellent relationships with Accounting Teams and Stakeholders.
- To maximise cash flow to meet carrier settlement terms and/or client settlement requirements, reduce exposure and enhance customer service.
- Responsible for managing the accounting relationship with designated key customers and/or service providers, acting as a focal point for queries and escalated matters from the Accounting Team and Stakeholders.
- Ensure on going relationships whilst providing a simple and clear liaison between Business Units (BU), Ipswich and Mumbai A&S teams
- Provide a strong visibility in the business units and external customer engagement, working with all parties to facilitate resolution of issues and queries
- Facilitate regular meetings with the BU, where possible on a face to face basis
- Be visible in the BU and be proactive on outstanding issues
- Remain vigilant and responsive to urgent activity, ensuring appropriate escalation into Senior Manager and the BU
- Have a clear understanding and knowledge of KPIs and business operational metrics applicable to your assigned business unit and track progress against these
- Proactively manage designated complex client / carrier accounts in conjunction with the Account Controller; promptly identify and resolve issues within the agreed timeframe. Be the primary A&S contact for key issues that affect the client / carrier where BU assistance is required. Maintain regular contact with the Account Controller to agree next actions and who owns the action
- Oversight and management of Bad Debts, hands-on resolution to reduce B&DD position
- Maintain sight of and assist with the removal of any funding positions
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist with implementation, as required and agreed
- Where training needs in Mumbai are detected, refer these to the relevant Mumbai Team Leader so appropriate training can be given by the Tech Leader
- Must maintain clear communication at all times with internal and external contacts providing a transparent attitude and willingness to share information provided
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019.
Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including Maths and/or English
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Superior and clear communication, with excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable direct negotiation of challenging and difficult issues at organisational levels
- Strong impact and influence skills, including the ability to remotely influence others to meet agreed targets
- Clear understanding of escalation procedures and effective business communication routes
- Good ability to plan and manage personal workload efficiently and effectively, correctly evaluation importance and prioritising accordingly
- Good working knowledge of internal and external processes
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements to practices and procedures
- Experience of query and issue resolution
- Proficient use of standard office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.