Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry; governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
As one of our Operations Apprentices, you will become part of a team providing excellent service to our clients relating to Placement, Claims and Accounts. This will involve:
- Receiving and action instructions from Willis Re clients, brokers and other third parties, interacting by phone, face-to-face and email communication
- Interpreting and reviewing placement, claims or accounts to ensure they meet high standard client demands and needs
- Supporting internal governance, compliance, risk and operational work
- Background research relating to client projects or internal growth initiatives
- Use of tailored Willis Re IT systems
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts.
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
Completing this programme also forms part of the wider Willis Re Foundational Development Programme. This Programme is unique in the industry and offered to all our apprentices to ensure you have the best platform for a successful re/insurance career at Willis Re.
The programme includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules and learning delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing sales and communication skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from apprentices through to senior leaders.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019.
Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including subjects such as English, Maths, Economics, Business Studies or Sciences.
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deal professionally with internal and external contacts, building strong working relationships
- Ability to work within a team to high standards and tight timescales
- Ability to analyse situations, provide recommendations and be flexible in approach in order to resolve problems
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-discipline, determination and an appreciation of the demands of studying while working
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn
- Be a team player
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.