We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
The Central Operations Team’s purpose is to perform a wide variety of central service functions in support of the Businesses to promote best practice and delivery of high quality client outcomes.
The responsibilities of the Central Operations Apprentice is to provide operational support for the creation/renewal and ongoing management of facilities:
- Setup and renewal of master facilities (binders and lineslips)
- Support business units in the development of business cases for new and renewing facilities
- Preparation of premium and risk written bordereaux
- Update carrier and internal/external systems as necessary
- Administration of mid-term adjustments
- Preparation of management information for Business Units and carriers
- Maintenance of facilities catalogue
- Query resolution – internal and external parties
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role include:
- Working closely with business units, collate information to support business case development for new and renewing facilities
- Draft Binding Authority Agreement (BAA) / Line Slip MRC wordings
- Ensuring all aspects of the facility set-up process are adhered to
- Finalise updated Binding Authority Agreement (BAA) / Line Slip
- Registration of the facility on internal and external registers
- Collation of information required to support mid-term adjustments and preparation of endorsements for the market agreement by BU
- Creation and submission of risk written bordereaux
- Creation and submission of premium and claims bordereaux
- Provision of management information re facility status/performance for carriers
- Liaison with 3rd party cover holders (where appropriate) to ensure effective set-up and management of the facility
- Resolution of facilities related queries with internal stakeholders, carriers and other external parties
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019.
Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal professionally with internal and external contacts
- Provide excellent client service
- Ability to analyse situations and provide recommendations
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.