Graduate – Software Engineer, Australia
March 1, 2019
The role of the Software Solutions team is to deliver new software to business clients and the many hundreds of internal consultant users in the Insurance Consulting & Technology Line of Business. As a Software Engineering graduate the role is intentionally varied and will involve you discussing functionality with consultants, proposing solutions and generating prototypes, understanding and coding algorithms ensuring that time and memory constraints are satisfied, iterating User Interfaces and researching new technologies and tools.
You will be involved in all aspects of professional software development using the latest tools and techniques to deliver complex software of the highest quality. This includes but is not limited to:
• Understanding what our clients need and how to solve those needs
• Developing high performance software using various technologies on multiple platforms
• Creating an engaging user experience through clean and crisp user interfaces
• Delivering quality through the use of the latest test and automation techniques.
• This is all done within small agile teams that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software
• You will learn how software is produced and experience all aspects of today’s industry best practices
As a Graduate with Willis Towers Watson you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. As a software engineer you will drive your own career progression, moving into software architecture, project management or progressing through education, training and experience to become a subject matter expert in software development.
We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals.
NOTE : Kindly attached your university transcript along with your resume while applying for the role.
A degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics is required.
It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
• Experience in the breadth of the software development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work from architecture decisions to system level testing
• Experience of writing software in an object oriented mainstream language (C#, C++, Java)
• Appreciation of current and emerging technologies
• Appreciation of algorithm and software performance
Candidates must have either Australian or New Zealand citizenship or an appropriate permanent working visa.