Absence & Disability Management Senior AnalystThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our Health and Group Benefits (HGB) business helps large and mid-size clients control health and group benefits plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. The Absence and Disability Management (ADM) group within HGB focuses on the development and management of highly customized time-off and absence/disability management programs for client groups, as well as the design and implementation of a variety of wellness and health management strategies. The ADM group also collaborates with other HGB practices to provide integrated benefits strategies and solutions for clients.
In this role you will have the opportunity to provide your technical content knowledge and skills applicable to a variety of Group Benefits and Programs including: Sick Pay, Salary Continuance, Statutory Disability, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Family and Medical Leave (FML), Vacation and Paid Time-off (PTO), Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance. As a member of the ADM team, you will consult with multiple clients on a variety of challenging and complex projects.
You will initially focus on developing and enhancing technical skills to support the ADM team and provide support on ADM projects, including creating client deliverables, contributing to new business activities and participating in the evaluation of program performance. The expectation is that within one to two years, you will be serving as the project manager and day–to-day and communication liaison with our clients on core ADM projects.
- Complete complex cost analyses for vacation, sick time, salary continuation and short- and long-term disability plans, as well as PTO, FML, life and AD&D programs
- Conduct compliance audits of short and long term disability and other paid time off programs
- Ensure the strength and accuracy of vendor market intelligence by regularly reviewing and assessing competitor absence and disability programs
- Manage the vendor procurement process by assembling appropriate data, customizing the RFP template, responding to vendor questions, and confirming that all analyses comparing vendor products, services and contracts are complete and accurate; consult effectively with clients and vendors regarding data collection and project execution
- Conduct on-going plan management by monitoring vendor and program performance and evaluating program trends; recommend and implement program enhancements when needed
- Understand the regulations governing FMLA, Statutory Disability and ERISA as it relates to absence programs. Learn best practice plan design elements and industry standards for program service delivery.
- Manage the preparation of client presentations and other client deliverables
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by drafting proposals, responding to RFPs and, when needed, participating in sales meetings with potential clients
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- 3+ years experience working with disability plans, ideally gained in an underwriting, claims, or actuarial role at a group health carrier, at a disability management vendor or at a benefits consulting firm
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Solid financial analysis skills
- Ability to work both independently as well as on a team
- Attention to detail in all work and work products
- The analytical and creative skills needed to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Track record of success in managing client issues and relationships
- Excellent skills with Microsoft office tools such as Power Point, Excel and Word
- Strong oral/written communications skills; comfortable interacting with professionals at all levels
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues and the creativity to think outside the box
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.