Assistant Treasury & Financial Reporting AccountantThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Closing date for applications 26th May 2017
Human capital and benefits
High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster wellbeing and implement solutions that work.
Purpose of Job
Working as a member of a Corporate Pensions Administration Team with responsibility for providing pension accounting services for corporate clients with Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Schemes.
The role is suitable for someone who wishes to acquire new skills and career opportunities. Full training will be provided.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Compiling and analysing relevant financial data to be used as a basis for the preparation of Trial balance for Pension Fund Accounts.
- Case management of pension fund account audits end to end through the audit and trustee signoff process for schemes under your portfolio.
- Management of successful research and resolution of fund accounts audit queries
- Communicating with all clients, administrators, fund managers and auditors in preparing and arranging for audits and dealing with all queries
- Report on the financial position of the scheme and the results of its operations to trustees and the Pensions Authority in accordance with generally accepted accounting practice, statute and client instructions.
- Adherence to internal controls within the Fund Accounts department.
- MIS and reporting on audit management
- Meeting agreed service standards and adherence to internal procedures so as to provide a consistent and proactive client service to the highest standards.
- Ensuring that we comply with all Pension Act and the Central Bank of Ireland compliance requirements.
- Participate in training programmes.
- Cash management for a MiFID regulated conglomerate Bank account.
- Daily bank account reconciliation.
- Act as a contact on day to day queries relating to the client asset account
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
Attention to detail
Flexible approach to the job as required and provides support in helping to meet deadlines or take on additional responsibilities.
Good interpersonal skills, works and interacts well with people from various levels of the business i.e. Senior Management & Administrators within Willis, Finance and Human Resource Managers of Clients and , External Audit Companies and Fund Trustees.
Works well under pressure.
Strong analytical skills.
A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
Knowledge of Sun system accounting packs age would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard
- Undertaking Accounting qualifications
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.