Associate Director, UX Design
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
A changing healthcare landscape creates new opportunities. With our combined understanding of regulation and risk, behavioural insights and technology platforms, we create innovative exchange-based services and solutions that enable people to navigate options with confidence, and give employers decision-making peace of mind.
The Exchange Solutions segment, within Willis Towers Watson, is looking for a talented and experienced designer to be an integral part of our agile-based software development team that is responsible for creating and maintaining the user experience across our technology platforms. In this role, you will provide information architecture and interaction design deliverables for assigned projects. Some common deliverables are org. anizational models, process flows, user research, wireframes, prototypes, functional and visual design specifications. The Associate Director of User Experience Design is responsible for mentoring and directing the UX team, guiding them toward creating a cohesive experience across several products. We work in the domain of health insurance, if you enjoy designing products and experiences that make the complex easier to understand and more usable then this is the place for you
- Assist with the direction of the design team and work closely with product to set the vision and direction for the future of our products.
- Oversee the design work being produced by the UX team, maintaining consistent high standards for UX and visual design while continuing to build on the fantastic collaborative culture currently in place.
- Drive and educate the team on best practices throughout the full UX design process.
- Maintain and evolve current user research practices and processes being used by the team. Value and champion research through contextual inquiry, customer calls, prototyping, and other validation measures.
- Lead the team in continuing to evangelize, develop, and standardize a style guide to be used by designers and developers.
- Collaborate with product, development and stakeholder team members to design solutions that solve customer pain points and deliver business value.
- Collaborate with front-end architecture and engineering to develop a shared global UX architecture.
- Encourage and coordinate brand and content consistency within the product across the various customer touchpoints and communication channels.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to engage the internal product experts for client feedback and validation on designs.
- Communicate and influence effectively across the organization.
- Assist with talent recruiting, selection and retention .
- Portfolio demonstrating impact of prototyping as a design methodology.
- Conversant with technical trends in user interface frameworks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with development teams and leadership.
- Deep understanding of interaction design best practices.
- 8+ years work experience as a designer.
- Extras: 2+ years leading a design teams.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in a design or technology field
- Demonstrated mastery of relevant design, prototyping, and user testing software tools.
- Solid understanding of design & information architecture principles, UI conventions, user research and UX best practices.
- Adept at communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Able to develop new processes and continually improve the quality of our products.
We believe in a collaborative work environment and a culture that thrives on learning new things. We enjoy the benefits of being a big company while maintaining the culture and feel of a startup. Here are a few of our favorite perks:
- Company lunch provided once every week
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work schedule
- Supportive of contributing to open source software
- Desks that accommodate standing or sitting
- Team centric rooms that maximize team collaboration while minimizing cross-team distractions
- Competitive benefit package
Willis Towers Watson is an EEO/AA Employer, M/F/D/V