BrokerJob Title: Broker/Servicing Specialist
Location: Metro New York/New Jersey
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Broker/Servicing Specialist is responsible for both placement and service activities. This role will be focused on business within our Middle Market segment and will be involved with all lines of coverage including Property, General Liability, Automobile, Workers’ Compensation, Umbrella/Excess, Executive Risk lines, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability, Environmental and other specialty lines of coverage. Industries are varied and include real estate, hospitality, professional service, and retail. Uses placement expertise to enhance revenue and drive the financial performance of the office.
- Stimulate revenue growth and meet business objectives by placing new and renewal business, improving retention rates, increasing commission rates and utilizing group resources
- Seek adequacy of coverage and competitive rates for clients and prospects
- Negotiate terms and conditions for clients and provide expertise
- Responsible for all aspects of servicing new business, renewals, and supporting the marketing process to include program analysis, preparation of applications and submissions, negotiation with carrier underwriters, obtaining quotes and creating/delivering proposal documents
- Coordinate and support all day to day service deliverables such as client inquiries and requesting policy endorsements from carriers
- Obtain Loss Runs annually and summarize loss history
- Obtain and review experience modification worksheets
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and changes
- Collaborate and communicate with other service teams (e.g. NAC, Certificate Center, Surplus Lines, etc.) to smoothly and effectively complete joint work/process steps
- Review and analyze current and expiring exposures and identify changes
- Request and gather updated exposures and underwriting information
- Obtain Order to Bind from client and deliver confirmation
- Perform file review and complete required forms
- Provide guidance to client on completion of updated application
- Maintain account management information in appropriate systems
- Review and delivery of policies within mandated timeframe
- Resolve client and carrier issues, including but not limited to coverage questions, billing discrepancies and collections
- Develop and deliver Client Service Handbook with instructions for claims and certificates
- Oversee/Create certificate and auto identification guidelines for certificate center issuance
- Obtain audit revisions/dispute audit with carrier as applicable
- Insurance broker's license required
- 5+ years’ experience in the field related to broking and servicing
- College degree preferred
- Recognized as expert in field
- Technical knowledge of insurance contracts/structure
- Compliance and quality management expertise
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Computer system skills; ability to work within agency management systems and online carrier systems
- Ability to provide expert, in depth advice to client resulting in overall client satisfaction
- Skilled at interfacing with customers
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Support nationally based relationships with carriers and clients
- Organization Skills and attention to detail
- Problem solving abilities, including critical thinking, research, quantitative skills, creativity
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.