Business Analyst, Configuration and TestingThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Together, we unlock potential.
Willis Towers Watson benefit consultants have deep experience working with organizations of all types and sizes. We’ve worked closely with clients to develop some of the most advanced benefit design techniques currently in use. We provide advice on the strategy, design, financing, delivery, ongoing management and communication of health and group benefit programs.
Willis Towers Watson’s Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) line of business provides pension, and health and welfare administration outsourcing solutions for nearly eight million benefit plan participants globally, including more than five million in North America
This role will be an integral part of a global team that will deliver technical solutions in a quality and efficient manner to clients around the world
- Responsible for system configuration and testing during implementations and production support. Ensures configuration and testing are completed according to specifications, defined standards, utilizing tools identified as best practices
- Develops comprehensive test plans and executes testing for the different system components: web application, data imports, batch jobs, reports and extracts.
- Coordinates issues identified during testing with the system developers and pushes each issue thru to resolution.
- Performs impact analysis and regression testing on the different system components during release consumptions.
- Defines and updates system tables as needed.
- Works with team to identify project deliverables and meets established deadlines.
- Works with the team to resolve questions and issues requiring input from the client team or other Business Analysts
- Assists in developing standardized work processes, tools, and methodologies that improve quality and profitability
- Follows national line of business processes and protocols for the deployment of base solutions
- Participates in national line of business sessions and teams as requested
- Works closely with Development Team members in a partnership to deliver the best results to the client.
- Participates in monthly business analyst meetings and consistently promotes teamwork in all daily activities
- Coaches and trains internal members of the team on best practices, system-specific and client-specific knowledge
- Communicates effectively with project teams.
- Attends team or project meetings as appropriate to report project status or clarify requirements or timelines.
- Ensures configuration and testing are completed on time and on budget
- Tracks the project status and communicates status to project manager or lead consultant or to client as appropriate.
- Assists with coordination and scheduling of project team resources.
- Alerts lead consultants or project manager about out-of-scope work in a timely manner.
- Assists project manager or other lead consultant in determining and monitoring overall project direction, scope, work plans, and budgets.
- Assists in determining requirements for estimating new project budgets.
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related area.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience or training in: RDBMS, SQL, Web-based applications and tools
- Experience with test plan creation, testing procedures and test plan execution is required.
- Experience in the Financials, Human Resources or Benefits domain areas is preferred, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with the US is preferred
- Ability to work on 'virtual' teams with members from different geographic areas
- Ability to multi-task, and be mindful of deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ability to remain focused on assigned projects.
- Committed to quality and continuous improvement