Business Analyst - Health and Welfare (SDCSDG)The Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our Technology and Administration Solutions business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations. Our purpose is to help our clients’ employees realize the full potential of their benefits; helping them be happier, healthier and more secure.
Awards & Recognition:
- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has named Willis Towers Watson a leader on the Global Outsourcing 100 since 2011.
- Everest Research named Willis Towers Watson a Star Performer in the Leaders category in 2016, and has recognized Willis Towers Watson as an industry leader since 2010.
- Fortune magazine ranked Willis Towers Watson number one in the diversified outsourcing industry on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list in 2015.
- Willis Towers Watson has been listed on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list since 2012.
As a Business Analyst working with Systems, Data, and the Client you will serve a key role for our outsourcing business by serving as the link between consultants, external clients and our internal team of system developers. You will contribute to the implementation of new services, and ongoing business by translating business needs into actionable programming and process steps for developers, practicing the fundamentals of systems analysis, design and testing. You will also consult to clients concerning implementation best practices, provide ongoing technical support, and train client teams.
Note that this role will involve some travel to client sites and other Willis Towers Watson offices. Associate will ideally be located in San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis or Chicago.
A Few Select Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all documentation starts from baseline and adheres to standards; communicate back to base team suggestions for changes or enhancements to standard documentation.
- Attends client meetings relevant to the components they have responsibility for, to establish client relationship and ensure complete understanding.
- Responsible for developing requirements documentation.
- Responsible for system configuration based on client requirements.
- Responsible for creating test plans, and testing system changes and enhancements to ensure completeness and accuracy. Regression testing as necessary based on the nature of the system change/enhancement.
- Identify reporting needs and requirements.
- Understand SOW and be responsible for change order identification and assist with providing work and hours necessary to draft the change order.
- Work closely with developer to ensure project requirements/requests for changes are understood and within standards.
- Provide guidance to other team members regarding best/standard practices.
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members where needed to help ensure issues are resolved by assigned due date. Escalate concerns with ability to meet due dates to PM.
- Lead analyst for annual enrollment with similar responsibilities as Implementation BA during OE project.
- Train and help transition ongoing processing requirements to BSA.
- Lead client requirements meetings as needed.
- Maintain and update all requirements documents, ensuring adherence to standards.
- Research issues and cases to determine root cause and provide impact analysis for ongoing issues and changes and requests for new functionality.
- Addresses all calc or data issues that impact carriers.
- Assist PM with development of Project Plan for open enrollment and significant change orders.
- Responsible for any vendor file updates and ongoing support.
- Provide training for client on large-scale change orders to client, BOC and Service Center, as needed.
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun!
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Understanding of the fundamentals of health and welfare and broader benefit plan design preferred
- Ability to complete Willis Towers Watson Business Analyst training program
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Experience with relational databases including SQL, Oracle or Access preferred
- Experience with test plan creation, testing procedures and test plan execution
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment managing multiple project priorities
- Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.