C# .Net Software Developer (Houston)The Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our Technology and Administration Solutions business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations.
Our Purpose is to help our clients’ employees realize the full potential of their benefits; helping them be happier, healthier and more secure.
Our Mission is to deliver the highest quality work in the industry, providing an engaging and fulfilling environment for our colleagues, while managing significant and profitable growth.
Awards & Recognition:
The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has named Willis Towers Watson a leader on the Global Outsourcing 100 since 2011.
Everest Research named Willis Towers Watson a Star Performer in the Leaders category in 2014, and has recognized Willis Towers Watson as an industry leader since 2010.
Fortune magazine ranked Willis Towers Watson number one in the diversified outsourcing industry on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list in 2015.
Willis Towers Watson has been listed on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list since 2012.
Due to growth in our outsourcing business, we are looking for several software developers in full-time positions. In this role you will customize, maintain and develop new solutions to meet client requirements on BenefitConnect, our proprietary, highly sophisticated and user-friendly software, built on the .Net framework. You will consult with clients and play a key role in software development and technical support on client assignments. You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your technical skills and knowledge of benefit plan design
- Be on a career path with growth and advancement
- Employ the most cutting edge tools and resources and work with top talent in the industry
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy and high growth environment
*** Office will be moving in early 2017 to the Memorial City area in Houston.***
Note: Limited air travel may be required at times.
At this time we will only accept candidates that are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship now or in the future.
- Develop code per detailed specifications using specified programming languages, tools, and techniques under the direction of the project manager or team leader.
- Deliver timely unit-tested high quality systems that meet specification functionality requirements.
- Work with team to define detailed specifications for specific functionality requirements.
- Provide analysis for technical solutions based on functional requirements.
- Assist in determining requirements for estimating budgets and timelines.
- Provide consultative services on technical issues to clients and internal project teams.
- Participate in development of system test plans.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Keep abreast of latest developments regarding effective procedures, methods, and tools in software development and testing.
- Work as a team to produce and deliver high quality results.
- Deliver on projects in accordance with project plans including budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards.
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise.
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- 2 - 5 years development experience in MS SQL Server / Transact-SQL, Microsoft .Net, C#, and either ASP.Net or MVC.
- Degree (Associates or Bachelors) in computer science, management information systems or related area.
- Ability to complete Willis Towers Watson training program.
- Background in benefits administration a plus.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously; strong time management skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment that has tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and evaluate new tools, concepts, and challenges quickly.
- Client service focus and flexibility in supporting client requests.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Be available, at times, to work extended work hours.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.