Content Marketing and Editorial Leader - open to locationThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
The role of marketing and communications in Willis Towers Watson is two-fold: to support the company’s growth and revenue goal and to protect and promote a consistent global brand. As trusted business partners, the marketing and communications group functions as an integrated global team providing comprehensive support to all business segments and regions through well planned, executed and measured marketing and communications campaigns.
We are open to candidates in any of our North America office locations.
WTW is seeking an experienced content strategist and editorial leader. Reporting to the Global Head of Content and Brand, this position will develop and execute a company-wide content marketing strategy based on Willis Towers Watson’s business objectives, content generated across the enterprise, and clients’ needs; and manage an agile and fast-paced, newsroom-oriented editorial team and all related processes.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute a company-wide content marketing strategy
• Source content topics, and oversee content development and deliverables at the enterprise, segment and practice level for key priorities.
• Develop and manage the editorial calendar, which includes the ongoing input of data, timing and distribution plans
• Manage governance processes for content strategy, including managing editorial board(s) and other groups for regular communication and input
• Own and communicate global style and voice standards; ensure content is on brand, consistent in style, quality and voice and optimized for search and user experience
• Manage global of team of writers/editors
• Write original content and edit others’ work
• Liaise with research function to coordinate enterprise-level data generation and mining
• Oversee social media strategy, process, governance and campaign development
• Devise and execute content/campaign strategies to drive online traffic to the company website and other key owned WTW channels
• Align content to most appropriate channel(s) to achieve desired outcomes
• Partner with the digital team to enhance content display and functionality in WTW web environments
• Synthesize key content performance metrics and leverage data to provide feedback on engagement and optimize future content planning
• Use content insights to optimize the digital user experience
• Build network of third-party syndication partnerships, and expand the reach of Willis Towers Watson content with regular syndication campaigns
• Provide recommendations on paid content opportunities
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
• Minimum 10 years of editorial experience, including the management of editorial processes and people within a high-volume environment.
• Minimum 10 years of writing/content development experience, preferably within HR, financial services or insurance industry.
• Exemplary project management, written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated history of driving complex projects to completion
• Ability to synthesize broad ranges of data to provide clear view of content performance; familiarity with progressive marketing KPIs preferred
• Ability to identify opportunities to extend the reach of content by surfacing/resurfacing content across campaigns
• Must have experience writing and positioning content in multiple formats, including newsletters, email, social media postings, blog entries, infographics, etc.
• Must be highly organized, deadline-oriented and show strong attention to detail.
• People management and influencing skills a must.
• Experience working in a large organization during times of significant change and transformation
• A people-oriented team player, able to liaise and work with key stakeholders across the company, including at senior level
• Ability to learn and understand HR, insurance and broking industries
• A deep understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills
• Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Bachelor's Degree required
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.