Global Employment and Benefits SpecialistThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
The role is on a small team which is responsible for the content and production of Willis Towers Watson’s reports on the employment and benefits environments in more than 100 countries. The team operates on a virtual basis with members located in several countries. The work involves developing a strong knowledge base on legal frameworks and operating environments for employment, keeping abreast of related news and developments, leveraging internal and external information sources and updating reports.
The role is that of an employment and benefits specialist, working to understand, capture and translate complex issues around social security, employee pay and benefits and employment law into clear and concise written summaries that help keep our clients well informed.
The nature of the work requires exceptional:
• Written communication and comprehension skills (in English)
• Attention to detail
• Capacity for learning (and interest in the same)
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Discipline to work in a virtual team and exercise personal initiative
• Promptness in responding to internal and external queries
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities, workflows and deadlines
• Comfort in having their work routinely reviewed edited and critiqued
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
Candidates should have a background in employee compensation, benefits or labor law. Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter, explaining in brief, cogent terms why the candidate is a strong fit for the role.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
In addition to possessing the talents necessary to fulfil the demands of the role outlined above, candidates should also have:
• A university degree
• Excellent reading, comprehension and writing skills in English (native or equivalent is an absolute must)
• A level of numeracy appropriate for a professional (subject to testing)
• Demonstrable cross-cultural, communication skills
• Strong skills in MS Office (MS Word and Excel) and internet search tools
• Foreign language skills (very nice to have but not essential)
• Experience in an international business environment
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
• Analytical and writing experience in any field related to economics, history, law or business
In addition to an attractive salary package, we offer our associates diverse learning opportunities through working on complex yet interesting assignments. We have an elaborate training program. At Willis Towers Watson, you will have the opportunity to work in an international company and will have the real possibility of building an international career in a dynamic environment. Interested in this new challenge?