Health and Group Benefits Senior AnalystThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our Health and Group Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
As a Health and Group Benefits Senior Analyst you will contribute to a wide variety of complex projects involving the design, financing, delivery, ongoing management and communication of the full spectrum of health and group benefit programs including medical, dental, life, disability, time off and flexible benefits. You will interface with vendors and key clients internally and externally, create client deliverables, and ensure quality standards are met.
- Partner with Consultants to deliver superior project management on select clients:
- Interface with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that reflect the client’s broader business issues
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Draft statements of work, project plans and budgets involving multiple workflow streams and client teams
- Serve as the day to day project lead, ensuring the progress of the team against established objectives, budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to Senior Consultants and Client Relationship Managers
- Perform financial analyses including developing pricing and employee contributions strategies, modelling plan design alternatives and calculating reserves
- Conduct benchmarking studies and other research; provide value added analyses and summaries
- Analyze and compare vendor products, services and contracts
- Design, distribute and evaluate responses to surveys and RFPs
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and clients regarding data collection and project execution
- Review analytical work and document drafts prepared by more junior analysts
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Mentor and develop more junior level staff
- Meet chargeable hours targets
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by drafting proposals and responding to RFPs
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise.
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience dealing with the financials of group health and welfare plans, ideally gained in a group benefit consulting/brokerage firm or group health underwriting or actuarial function of an insurance company; additional experience with life/disability plans desired
- Proven experience successfully managing projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it
- Self starter; interest in continually challenging oneself and willingness to step outside of one’s comfort zone
- Interest and ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one’s work fits into the broader landscape
- Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Bachelors degree required
- Pursuit of CEBS designation, or group health and welfare actuarial or underwriting training desired