Health and Group Benefits Senior Consultant - TorontoThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our Health and Group Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control soaring health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
As a Health and Group Benefits Senior Consultant you will be responsible for developing new business, leading and managing large health and group benefits client engagements and serving as strategic advisor to clients. You’ll also be asked to contribute your thought leadership to the overall development of the Health and Group Benefits practice.
- Primary accountability for growing Health and Group Benefits revenue
- Cross-sell new projects and services to current HGB clients; maximize the penetration of key accounts
- Serve as the lead HGB strategist/subject matter expert in closing opportunities with new clients of the firm
- Work with existing sales and Client Relationship Management teams to identify, develop and close new clients of the company
- Lead client relationships from a Health and Group Benefits perspective
- Lead and manage multiple large Health and Group Benefits consulting client engagements
- Establish a trusted advisor role with clients and provide consistent, superior relationship management
- Identify opportunities to cross sell projects and services to current clients
- Build leveraged teams that work effectively together
- Develop plans for execution of large, global engagements
- Ensure Consultants are maintaining team progress against established budget, timeline and quality standards
- Finalize and present quality deliverables to clients
- Serve as senior Health and Group Benefits strategist on projects, ensuring that health and welfare strategy fits within overall benefits strategy
- Perform final review of client deliverables
- Contribute to the development of new Health and Group Benefits tools and approaches
- Demonstrate extensive leadership ability by mentoring other consultants
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- 10+ years experience and success in the design/management of large group health and welfare plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment; prior experience in underwriting or in an actuarial function gained in a carrier environment preferred
- Proven ability to generate revenue
- Track record of success in managing large client relationships and leading global teams
- Experience in managing multiple people and projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Proven ability to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in health and welfare plan strategy and contributing to the development of new tools and approaches
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- Bachelors degree required