Life Insurance Practice Senior Consultant LeadThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Our Health and Group Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
As part of Towers Watson’s Health and Group Benefits (HGB) line of business, this role will support our efforts to grow group life insurance consulting opportunities nationally. The position will be a subject matter expert role focused on new business sales, marketing and life program design and ongoing management for TW clients. The position reports into the Absence and Disability Management (ADM) practice leader.
The role will have these on-going responsibilities:
- Lead life insurance consulting sales and marketing efforts nationally with responsibility for achieving individual and practice-wide sales targets
- Consult to clients in partnership with local HGB teams and ADM specialty resources
- Work in conjunction with the National ADM practice leader to define revenue opportunities, service offerings, staffing and delivery capabilities
- Develop a formal review process for all existing HGB clients or prospective clients to assess opportunities to provide life insurance consulting services through commission or fee-for-service arrangements
- Prepare marketing collateral in support of our life insurance consulting capabilities
- Define new areas of service within the life insurance consulting space
- Oversee and contribute to life insurance intellectual capital development (tools, methodologies, etc.)
- Support learning and development of HGB associates through the delivery of training and related materials designed to strengthen practitioner knowledge and promote efficiency in servicing clients.
- Meet or exceed revenue and billable hour goals to be mutually determined with your manager as part of each year’s planning and objective setting process
- Support new business opportunities and enhance existing relationships
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying personal technical expertise
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- 10+ years’ experience in the group life insurance industry with Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and/or related credentials, active Life & Health Agent’s license
- Proven experience and success in delivering life insurance consulting services to premiere clients, preferably gained in a health and group benefits consulting environment, life insurance carrier, or broker
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to develop and execute on sales plans
- Deep knowledge of the fundamentals of life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment products and ideally some experience in the development and commercialization of new products and services in this area
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and consulting teams supported by well-developed oral and written communication skills
- A collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and creative skills to monitor emerging trends
- Business acumen to identify opportunities for additional ADM or other human capital consulting work in support of our clients’ strategies
- The ability to see the 'big picture,' leveraging the resources of related practices to address the clients' business challenges
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to keep abreast of latest developments in HGB plan strategy and contributing to the development of new tools and approaches
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis (as much as 50% or more)
- BA/BS degree
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.