Midwest Region Financial Institutions LeaderJob Title: Midwest Region Financial Lines Leader
Location: Chicago, IL
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Corporate Risk and Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Midwest Region Financial Institutions Leader provides functional leadership and strategic management direction for the regional practice group. Develops business plans, initiatives, programs, products, and service specific to the Financial Lines suite of products; establishes and maintains relationships and agreements with carriers, outside service vendors and intermediaries, provides production leadership and sales management; oversees acquisitions and use of other resources within the group; provides marketing and technical guidance; leads in difficult negotiations and assists with the building of a talent pipeline and qualifying candidates for recruitment.
- Sets strategic direction for the Midwest Region Financial Institutions Practice
- Works closely with other Midwest-based Geography and Segment Leaders to deliver Products and Broking support that maximizes Willis Towers Watson opportunities.
- Develops and implements revenue growth and business plans
- Develops new products specific to specialized area of expertise
- Implements the regional strategy for strong cross-product placement in the region
- Reviews financial statements and sales and activity reports to ensure that objectives are achieved
- Manages and develops a sales pipeline
- Develops a wide range of senior Carrier relationships across products regionally
- Provides marketing and technical guidance to sales teams within specialty area
- Negotiates with carriers, clients and others
- Establishes and maintains relationships in the market to facilitate the creation of a recruiting pipeline
- Identifies and recommends candidates and networks within the business community in order to qualify candidates for recruitment
- Serves as an advocate for the practice area with senior management
- Serves as a technical resource within the specialty area or oversees that resource
- Serves as leader, coach and expert to all local broking/product teams within region
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Holds all regulatory licenses with professional designations preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience managing within the financial institutions industry
- Proven track record leading within a matrix environment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Experience leading and building high performing ‘virtual’ teams
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Brokerage business
- Technical knowledge of financial institutions product areas
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to motivate and develop people as they work
- The ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Ability to travel 50% domestically
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.