Office Services AssistantThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The RE&WS Function is responsible for providing the environment, processes, equipment and resources that efficiently and effectively help our Willis Towers Watson colleagues meet client demands and the overall objectives of the organization. The Office Manager role is responsible for providing an integrated set of support programs and services to colleagues, with a focus on enabling productivity, managing costs, mitigating risk, promoting our values, and supporting our brand. Programs and services include but are not limited to work environment, maintenance, reception, on-site meeting support and food services, print, post, office equipment, safety, security, business continuity, and records management. The role will also serve as the operational lead for the site.
This position requires a passion for client/customer satisfaction as well as the desire to tackle new challenges. This individual will be responsible for assisting in a multitude of daily office services activities. The ideal candidate is a bright professional who is a quick learner with exceptional communication skills, the ability to maintain poise under pressure, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
As an Office Services Assistant you will work as part of the Real Estate & Workplace Solutions (REWS) team on a wide variety of mail activities, print/production, facilities, office services technical support (non-IT) and records management. You will serve as a key resource for the general office by managing and performing various services such as; collection and delivery of mail, ordering/stocking office supplies, document printing and binding, conference/meeting room set up, maintaining flexible workspaces and responding to facilities and IT related issues (e.g. Monitor/docking station issues, lighting, HVAC, furniture repairs, associate moves, etc.), audio-visual equipment functioning, supporting records management through hard copy file setup, document filing, record system updates, document archiving and destruction, etc. You are expected to work as a team player in achieving practice objectives and meeting defined service level targets.
- Provide print/production, mail and purchasing services in accordance with company policies, procedures, requirements and service levels
- Serve as an expert resource to associates and team on services provided
- Assist in the continuous review and update of work procedures and service levels
- Provide training to other associates in the use of office equipment
- Ensure goods and services provided by vendors are acceptable and satisfactory
- Understand processes relating to other areas of Workplace Solutions and assist as required to ensure high levels of service are consistently achieved
- Support cross office services or multiple location activities
- Work as a backup in an office of proximity occasionally if required, to include mail/courier services.
- Perform other facilities services duties as directed by manager; including cross training
- Understand the needs and requirements of the business
- Communicate regularly and maintain a good relationship with business lines and other support functions to ensure satisfactory service delivery.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Mail/Printing and Binding
Manage incoming/outgoing mail and courier services to ensure timely collection and delivery
Oversee office supplies and stock levels and maintain proper records; provide general procurement service
Assist in conference/meeting room furniture removal and set up
Print, bind and produce client reports/proposals in a timely, accurate manner, in accordance with company branding standards
Manage office equipment maintenance. Ensure all equipment is kept in good working order (multifunctional printers, general binding equipment, etc.). Track support calls to vendors. Provide general procurement service
Place orders from selected vendors upon receipt of general requests
Ensure goods and services provided by vendors are acceptable and satisfactory
Check invoices before passing to Facilities Manager for approval/payment
Facilities Support/OS non IT Technical Support:
- Help to maintain the overall cleanliness and order/organization of the flexible workspaces and of the general office space
- Assist with IT support – Ordering computers and peripherals, loaner laptops, equipment requests, etc.
- Technically savvy on IT and AV related issues/equipment (teleconference phones, videoconferencing, projectors, Desk Booking tool (DBT), etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of workstation moves and other space adjustments as needed
- Assist with setup of new hardcopy client/project files, as required
- Retrieving/entering files into OPUS iNet and Iron Mountain connect
- Processing records to be sent off-site and coordinate off-site retrieval process
- Archiving files by following TW retention policies
- Secure shredding bin management throughout each floor
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in a professional office environment providing mail/print support, general facilities/office support
- Hands-on experience of using on-line systems of service providers (UPS, Fedex, OPUS iNet, etc.)
- Pro-active and customer service oriented; organized and attentive to details
- Have full knowledge and relevant experience of operating office equipment, such as multifunctional devices, binding machine, mail and purchasing systems
- Take ownership for own areas of responsibilities, delivering work and solutions in a timely and accurate manner
- Deliver consistent levels of service to agreed standards
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Reliable and punctual
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors and associates on the phone and in person
- Use appropriate analytical skills and methodologies to resolve problems
- A team player who possesses good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access and Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Heavy lifting is required
- Some overtime will be required
- High School diploma, certificate or official equivalent
- Willing to work outside of office hours occasionally, if required
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.