Risk EngineerJob Title: Risk Engineer
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Willis Towers Watson (WTW)is currently seeking to recruit a Construction Risk Engineer based in London to join our international Risk Engineering team.
The role will involve managing accounts for large multi-national organisations and requires a thorough knowledge of all forms of construction risks and their assessment. Knowledge of tunnelling, Advance Loss of Profits (ALOP) / Delay in Start-Up (DSU) monitoring and reporting, Probable Maximum Loss (PML) studies, fire systems, international codes & standards is essential. Highly Protected Risk (HPR) qualified and ability to carry out operational risk engineering surveys would be highly desirable.
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Arrange individual risk engineering surveys through discussions with account teams, clients and market engineers, once arranged - coordinate and manage the execution of surveys on a global basis to the satisfaction of clients;
- Prepare marketing reports to assist in the placement of client insurance programmes. Reports will follow the Willis Towers Watson standard structure and contain key understanding of the hazards at sites and how the management team are controlling/mitigating their impact; Presentation of risk improvements and loss calculations is also required;
- Develop risk improvement recommendations that are clear, appropriate and are fairly balanced between the interests of clients and insurers;
- Building close relationships with the construction teams at WTW and drive the generation of construction risk engineering work;
- Calculate loss expectancies within company guidelines across a range of industries;
- Ensure that all reports and other deliverables are prepared and ready in a timely manner;
- Provide technical support to clients and the broking team across a range of issues relating to good industry practices;
- Clear understanding of the funding that supports engineering activities on individual accounts;
- Ensuring that proposed engineering activities do not exceed the available fee amount unless agreed by Account Executive and client manager;
- Understanding account specifics such as renewal date, deductibles, coverage and specific exclusions;
- Maintain technical competency in chosen industry sector and keep up-to-date with risk management developments (e.g. attend seminars, review technical publications, etc.);
- Represent Willis Towers Watson professionally on business trips and in meetings;
- Comply with all Willis Towers Watson company policies (e.g. Travel, Ethics, etc.);
- Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility.
- High level of Risk Engineering technical expertise in construction, Fire and Security protection techniques
- Degree (or equivalent) and risk management qualifications or relevant accreditations
- Comfortable travelling extensively (e.g. 80-95 days per year) both within and / or outside of the United Kingdom
- Self-starter, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively relate to individuals at all levels – from site technicians up to company CEOs
- Proven ability to write detailed reports of a varied technical nature
- Experience of carrying out property risk surveys
- Experience of working with NFPA, FM and other international property conservation codes
- Working knowledge of fire protection and detection systems
- Knowledge of NATCAT risks
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.