SEA, GDS LeaderThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Towers Watson is a global center of excellence for compensation, benefits and employment practices information. Our databases cover almost 100 countries, ensuring we can support companies wherever they do business. Our rigorous data processes, coupled with the depth of our databases, guarantee the delivery of high-quality, robust data and consistent reporting practices.In addition to compensation surveys, we publish reference materials that help HR practitioners attract, retain and reward exceptional employees. We also provide tools to help compensation and benefit managers analyse market data efficiently and conduct in-depth analysis to aid future program planning.
Responsible for the growth and profitability of the Global Data Services Practices within South East Asia and in particular the growth of each local country’s survey business and the management of relationships with all clients. The incumbent will be responsible in achieving sales targets and practice growth goals in the region, as well as strategic staffing and resource planning. The Regional Practice Leader will also be responsible in ensuring quality/ professional standards are upheld.
The incumbent will be part of Global GDS Leadership Team.
- Develop regional sales strategy to be implemented through country LOB Leaders, including approach to launching new products and services and determining profitable pricing strategy
- Coordinate big sales opportunities and facilitate/monitor local/regional sales activities
- Identify need for new services and solutions in Workforce Data, Insights & Technologies area to support services and solutions in Practice area
- Establish institutional connections with top trenches of clients
- Individual contribution: Personal contribution to sales and delivery of client work for selected organizations
- Establishes a trusted advisor role with clients and provides consistent, superior relationship management
- Finalizes and presents quality deliverables to the client
- Serves as the senior leader on projects, ensuring that the compensation and benefit strategy aligns with the overall human capital strategy
- Builds strong industry expertise in designated sectors and is known as an expert within and outside the organization
- Works with the Rewards practice to supports Reward based consulting projects
- Develops annual business plans that identify objectives and priorities for the short to medium term, including target clients/industries both regionally and locally
- Responsible for the Practice P&L and ensuring profitable revenue growth
- Develops and executes marketing and sales plans that drive growth
- Understands market trends and designs product/service strategy accordingly
- Communicates a vision and strategy for the future of the business amongst all South East Asia Data Services associates
- Working with local market teams, marketing and Regional LOB Leaders, develop and implement marketing plan for DS offering
- Working with the GDS Global Leadership Team on Operation Excellence, Product Development and Technology Development.
- Builds a team of high performing associates committed to client satisfaction through excellence and continuous improvement
- Develop and execute plan for developing capability to deliver Practice offering, including building capabilities organically and inorganically; specifically
- Create a strategic staffing plan to be cascaded and implemented through local LOB leaders
- Lead efforts to hire senior staff in key locations
- Establish a clear skills matrix and rigorous training curriculum to develop capability internally and work through Regional LOB leaders to implement annual training plan
- “Leading from the front” will enable creation and maintenance of organizational resilience to adapt before being forced to do so by unfavourable conditions.
- People management and development: Create strategic staffing plans; implement plan and execute all people processes (e.g. recruiting, training and development, goal setting and performance management and compensation/bonus /promotion recommendations)
- Establishes and maintains close relationships within the Talent & Rewards teams and works collaboratively with this team in building business with key clients
- Manages and coordinates the activities of all Data Services Managers across South East Asia
- Establishes clear performance expectations with data services associates and provides motivating feedback and development opportunities
- Define and develop IC for Practice service offering – including overall consulting point of view, along with models, methodologies, templates and tools
- Maintain knowledge of leading developments in practice area, as well as practice competitors around the globe, and anticipate trends and emerging issues; identify market relevant Practice research topics and contribute to regional segment-level research agenda
- Ensure a quality process framework is applied to development of all services, tools, etc.
- Operations management responsibilities: Develop operating plans consistent with Region LOB and Practice plans
- Consistently manage risk to within acceptable levels by ensuring appropriate governance and work quality process are adopted on all work carried out
- Subject matter expertise
- Strategy, new product, intellectual capital development: Support the development and dissemination of Intellectual Capital
- Utilises regional and firm-wide methodologies and processes to ensure professional standards and excellence in client service
- Manages projects including survey design (where appropriate), job matching and data gathering and report debriefing
- Helps improve work processes to achieve higher quality and efficiency.
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- University degree required
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of compensation experience, preferably gained in a data services environment with strong working knowledge of data analysis and presentations
- Demonstrated strength in leading and managing projects
- Strength in people management including coaching and developing more junior associates
- Demonstrated ability in the presentation of ideas and solutions
- High levels of influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively
- Attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of the following PC-based software applications for analysis and reporting: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of compensation trends
- Cross-cultural skills an advantage – with tact and diplomacy