Senior Actuarial Analyst - Life Insurance PracticeThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson's Risk Consulting and Software (RCS) business helps clients improve business performance relating to insurance. We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients measure and manage risk and capital, grow revenue and create competitive advantage.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst in the Life Insurance Consulting Practice, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects spanning product development, financial and risk management, financial modeling and software implementation, and mergers and acquisitions for life insurance firms. The Life Insurance Consulting practice covers life, annuity as well as other products sold by life insurance companies. Our clients demand leading edge products and expertise; as an analyst with our firm you can expect to gain tremendous exposure to many different aspects of life insurance operations.
We are looking for motivated, independent learners, able to leverage the experience of others and looking to deliver exceptional performance in the following areas:
• Assist with the pricing, valuation and development of life insurance products
• Work to develop financial projections of clients’ insurance business
• Prepare first draft reports for review by the lead consultant on the client team(s)
• Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities/maintain steady progress through exams
• Build strong relationships internally and with client representatives
• Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
Experienced Associates may begin to serve as the project manager and main liaison to the consultant which includes:
• Creating project plans
• Monitoring progress to deadlines and budget
• Scheduling and managing weekly/bi-weekly status meeting calls
• Ensuring appropriate and effective communication among team members and the client
• Deliver projects that meet or exceed client expectation
• Increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes
• Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by drafting proposals and responding to RFPs
• Meet billable hours targets
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
• Some related experience including developing actuarial models and knowledge of various life insurance products (e.g., variable and fixed annuities, universal life, term insurance)
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
• Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
• Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
• Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
• Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it
• Self starter; interest in continually challenging oneself and willingness to step outside of one’s comfort zone
• Ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one’s work fits into the broader landscape
• Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Access and Excel
• Familiarity with actuarial projection software is preferred
• Bachelors’ Degree required
• Actuarial exam progress toward ASA and/or ASA credentials
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.