Senior Benefits Advisory and Compliance ConsultantThe Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The Benefits Advisory and Compliance Service (BAC) within TW’s Retirement line of business provides governance, operational, compliance, vendor and defined contribution consulting services for the full array of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, as well as health and welfare plans. As such, we help clients fulfil their fiduciary obligations and achieve plan effectiveness.Our Retirement team combines expertise in retirement actuarial and compliance consulting to support global organizations worldwide in designing, managing, administering and communicating all types of retirement plans. Whether a client has a defined benefit pension or a defined contribution plan, we work with them to determine the right approach to design, funding, investing, governing and employee engagement that fits their specific goals.
This position can be based in either our Cleveland, Chicago or Detroit offices.
In this role you will be responsible for developing new business, leading and delivering large, strategic client engagements and serving as strategic advisor to multinational clients concerning their compliance and broader retirement/benefits issues. You’ll also be asked to contribute your thought leadership to the overall development of the International practice.
- Primary accountability for creating and executing a business strategy to penetrate the local and regional market and introduce new clients to the firm in order to meet annual revenue goal
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell new products and services
- Coordinate with existing sales and Client Relationship Management teams to identify, develop and close strategic sales opportunities
- Build relationships with internal and external sources to maximize the penetration of key target accounts
- Lead and manage multiple client engagements
- Finalize and present quality deliverables to clients
- Establish a trusted advisor role with clients and provide consistent, superior relationship management
- Lead large BAC consulting client engagements
- Build leveraged teams that work effectively together
- Develop plans for execution of large, global engagements
- Ensure project managers are maintaining team progress against established budget, timeline and quality standards (while you have overall responsibility, consultant level staff typically serve as day to day project managers)
- Serve as senior BAC strategist and subject matter expert on client assignments
- Perform technical review of work products
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches related to BAC consulting
- Demonstrate extensive leadership ability by mentoring other consultants
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Oversee analysts and consultants in the delivery of BAC projects
Job RequirementsThe Requirements
- Proven experience and success in employee benefits/retirement consulting with a focus on compliance. Prior experience in a professional services firm or legal environment preferred
- Experience and success delivering compliance solutions to corporate and not-for-profit organizations (e.g. plan governance, government filings, plan documentation, testing). While extensive 401(k), 403 (b), and DB plan knowledge is necessary, experience with H&W and executive benefits is an added plus
- Deep knowledge of IRC, ERISA and other relevant laws and regulations affecting employee benefit plans
- A broad understanding of human capital strategy and the ability to contribute to cross-practice client engagements
- Proven ability to generate revenue
- Track record of success in managing large client relationships and leading global teams
- Experience in managing multiple people and projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Proven ability to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Undergraduate degree required; ASPA, NIPA, QKA or CEBS certifications desirable
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.