Senior Health Outcomes ConsultantJob Role : Senior Health Outcomes Consultant
Location : Potomac, MD
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Human capital and benefits
High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster well being and implement solutions that work.
The National Practice Health Outcomes consultant, in conjunction with the other regional team of subject matter experts, will work with Willis Towers Watson internal and external clients to provide a comprehensive health management strategy. This position requires a capable self-starter who is comfortable working independently and as part of a high performing team.
The SME assists Human Capital Clients in the design and implementation of an employer-based health management program.
- Assistance in the development of health management strategies for our small, mid and large size clients
- Educating regional offices on our Health Outcomes capabilities and Health Management best practices
- Providing data analysis regarding cost drivers and high risk claims to clients and developing effective program strategies and solutions
- Understanding of the top disease burdens of the employee population from our data base claims and recommend solutions
- Writing original articles, papers and presentations
- Managing partnerships and relationships with select vendors at a regional and national level
- Preparing and presenting training sessions for internal professional development
- Preparing and presenting seminars for external audiences to promote Willis brand name recognition and help win new business
- Attending select Benefits, HR, Clinical and Wellness conferences
- Positioning and providing direct support to clients in the designated regional area
Note: This position supports the Mid-Atlantic Region and may be based in any of the following Willis Towers Watson office locations: Potomac, MD; Glenn Allen, VA; Radnor, PA; Pittsburgh, PA
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field (health promotion, dietetics, worksite wellness, health education, etc.) and work experience required
- Professional designation/credential/certification preferred
- Insurance/benefit industry or wellness consulting experience preferred
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of experience in the design, delivery, and evaluation of wellness/health management programs required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in public speaking, demonstrated success in live presentation to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision
- Ability to anticipate, address and resolve client related issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment juggling multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully as a virtual team member and within multiple teams
- Computer skills which include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, as well as navigation of the Internet
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and building new skills
- Capable to train others
- Frequent regional (approximately 30-45%) and occasional national travel is required
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.